Project Manager, Land Development Engineer
Guelph, Milton and Bradford offices
We are looking for an experienced Civil Land Development Engineer who has 8 years project management experience in the private sector land development industry.
You will be responsible for leading land development projects, acting as the main point of contact with clients, directing the internal workloads and managing the financial aspects of the project. To be successful in this role, you enjoy client facing and strengthening external relationships, growing the business, while leading internal project design and team to ensure project success.
The location would be in either our Guelph, Milton or Bradford office. This position would require working with teams from various Crozier locations and may require some travel for meetings.
How you will contribute to the team:
- Collaborate with Partners and other Project Managers to identify project requirements and relay same to internal design teams, which includes engineers, CETs, EITs, and other technical professionals.
- Cultivate strong client relations and liaise with professional colleagues and municipal/agency staff to move projects forward.
- Manage day-to-day client interactions, communicate effectively with clients, internal and external project teams, and continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction.
- Provide technical leadership for projects and design tasks which may include sanitary and storm sewers, watermains, stormwater management, earthworks, and roadworks.
- Prepare project proposals, timelines, specifications, and work schedules.
- Assemble team and resources to identify deliverables and timelines, prepare and modify plans/designs, assisting clients in advancing projects toward completion.
- Oversee the preparation of engineering designs and briefs, technical reports, and submissions to support projects through various municipal and provincial approvals.
- Review designs and deliverables for quality control.
- Continually track and manage ongoing projects to ensure timeliness of deliverables.
- Monitor and control project budgets and review/approve monthly invoices for project roster.
- Mentor employees, assist with training requirements, support professional development, and conduct performance reviews.
- Initiate and expand relationships within the development industry by attending events and meetings aimed at identifying potential business opportunities.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or a relatable degree.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario.
- Minimum of 8 years project management experience, preferably in a consulting engineering environment.
- Demonstrated experience in project engineering and management within the land development industry, including residential, commercial and/or industrial projects.
- In-depth working knowledge of land development principles and municipal requirements within the Province of Ontario.
- Client focused with the ability to cultivate and nurture relationships.
- Business development aptitude with the ability to source out and pursue new project opportunities.
- Dynamic, resourceful team motivator with proven track record in leading teams.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills and ability to prioritize/manage multiple project timelines.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact our Human Resources team.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.