Our Transportation team in our Collingwood office is looking for a Civil Engineering graduate to join their growing team.
If you are a Civil Engineering graduate that has a passion for design and Transportation Engineering, and has a keen interest in joining an engineering consulting environment, we’d like to hear from you!
- Assist in the preparation of preliminary and detailed road designs
- Prepare design criteria to support preliminary and detailed design packages
- Prepare proposals for road design projects
- Coordinate the submission of comprehensive design packages with the applicable approval authorities (Ministry of Transportation of Ontario, municipality, region or county)
- Assist with detailed traffic modelling from a design perspective for a wide variety of residential, commercial and transportation projects
- Prepare Traffic Management Plans (TMP’s) to support construction staging of a variety of works
- Participate on various project teams to identify issues and mitigative measures in order to satisfy approval requirements
- Develop and utilize knowledge of the design requirements of various approval authorities such as Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO), municipalities, regions, or counties
- Obtain materials, data and information from various sources to prepare reports and advance design efforts
- Draft, edit and finalize technical reports and design briefs to summarize analyses
- Conduct field reconnaissance for various project sites to better understand existing conditions including design constraints
- Liaise with the construction group to ensure successful implementation of various transportation improvements
- Attend and participate in client meetings
- Work within other engineering specialties offered by Crozier and Associates to gain knowledge of all facets of land development engineering
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering is required
- Registration in good standing with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) as an Engineering Intern (EIT) will be expected within 30 days of hire
- Completion of transportation, and stormwater management courses would be an asset
- Exposure to Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) Geometric Design Guide for Canadian Roads, including the corresponding MTO Design Supplement
- Exposure to various transportation related standards for other applicable approval authorities
- Familiarity with the MTO’s Roadside Design Manual and Highway Corridor Management Manual
- Basic understanding of municipal land development processes is considered an asset
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD, Civil 3D and MS Office Suite is required
- Strong communication, report writing, organization and interpersonal skills are a necessity
- The ability to prioritize multiple project timelines is essential for success
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License Class G and access to a personal vehicle for business purposes
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.