Elevate your career with Crozier! We are looking for a Structural Engineer-In-Training (EIT) who has a keen interest in joining an engineering consulting environment.
- Prepare detailed structural design/calculations for reinforcing of both existing building systems as well as new builds.
- Guide CAD Technologists in the preparation/detailing of structural drawings; review and make redline edits to drawings.
- Participate on various project teams to identify issues and modify designs to satisfy approval requirements, assisting our clients in advancing projects towards completion.
- Coordinate structural design with other internal disciplines (civil, mechanical, electrical) as well as external consultants
- Develop and utilize knowledge of requirements of applicable national/provincial building codes as well as municipal building standards and requirements.
- Obtain materials, data and information from various sources to prepare reports and advance design efforts.
- Draft, edit and finalize technical reports and design briefs to summarize analyses.
- Conduct field reconnaissance for various project sites.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural or Civil Engineering (courses in concrete, steel and wood design, structural analysis courses).
- Registered in the Engineering in Training (EIT) Program with Professional Engineers Ontario.
- 2+ years working experience in Structural engineering is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and/or Revit is considered an asset.
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good skill level with general office software applications. (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise effective judgement in understanding priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to exercise effective judgement when handling changing needs and situations.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented and flexible to work well under tight schedules.
- Field review experience and knowledge is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.