Crozier is seeking a licensed Senior Landscape Architect with a minimum of 15 years of progressive work experience in the private land development industry.
In support of our Department Head, you will oversee the production of deliverables and provide input into the landscape architectural design and analysis for various projects.
We are looking for someone who has a proven ability to build relationships across disciplines and foster good client relationships and participate in meetings with clients, agencies, and sub-consultants.
As part of our team, you will collaborate with skilled professionals on projects ranging from
- Collaborate with Partners and Project Managers to identify project requirements and relay information to the internal design teams
- Cultivate strong internal/ external client relations; liaise with professional colleagues and municipal/agency staff to move projects forward
- Prepare project proposals, timelines, specifications and work schedules in conjunction with Department Head and Project Managers
- Assemble team and resources to identify deliverables and timelines, prepare and modify plans/designs, assisting clients in advancing projects toward completion
- Prepare landscape architectural designs, technical reports and submissions to support projects throughout the various municipal and provincial approvals
- Review and mentor junior staff designs and deliverables for quality control
- Assist with continual tracking and managing of ongoing projects to ensure timeliness of deliverables
- Effective in managing projects of various scales and complexity, from concept to completion (design development, design report, facilitate community engagement, delivery presentations to clients and stakeholders, produce working drawings, contract documents and construction administration)
WHAT YOU BRING:
- OALA full membership with a minimum of 15 years of relevant consulting work experience
- Previous experience in a client liaison role
- Internal and external project team management experience on large multi-faceted projects for the private sector land development community
- Proven leadership in design excellence with demonstrated high-quality work that elevates the design
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills, capable of preparing reports and developing/ writing design narratives
- Superior design and technical experience in landscape architecture/management for the land development industry, including master planning and design, residential multi-unit sites with various housing types and related uses and some commercial and/or industrial projects and site design
- Enhanced knowledge of Landscape Architectural Design such as planting, grading, stormwater management, construction detailing, specifications and cost estimation
- In-depth working knowledge of land development principles and municipal requirements within the Province of Ontario
- Proficiency in the latest version of AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator) and SketchUp is considered an asset
- Result-driven, organized, and successful in a team environment
- Success in effective and positive communication
- Self-motivated, resourceful, team-oriented approach with a proven track record
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online. Please include a cover letter, resume and portfolio in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.