Crozier is looking for a Contract Administrator to join our growing Construction Services Group. In this role you will manage tasks for multiple highway and transportation construction projects, ensuring that all necessary documentation is prepared, maintained, and submitted, while maintaining communication with clients, Project Managers, and design teams.
In this role you will apply your strong project management services and support to Clients during all phases of the construction of transportation related projects. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a number of projects under construction with Crozier in support of our various clients.
- Complete the review of design packages at key stages to ensure they are constructible and enforceable.
- Prepare cost estimates for construction and securities, including take-offs and maintaining a costing database.
- Be familiar with appropriate codes, standards specifications (e.g. municipal, provincial) to determine construction requirements and ensure construction contract documents contain required elements and details.
- Prepare and ensure construction contract documents and specifications are prepared in accordance with corporate and industry wide standards and meet the design requirements of the approved for construction design drawings.
- Manage tender process including issuing of addenda, bid analysis, and recommendations to clients.
- Carry out Contract Administration tasks for multiple transportation construction projects ensuring that all necessary documentation is prepared, maintained, and submitted, and maintaining the appropriate level of communication with the client, Project Manager, and design staff.
- Co-ordinate schedules and manage field staff based on workload and liaison with other offices.
- Lead the site review team, which includes:
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Site Reviewers.
- Manage field staff based on project construction requirements and workload.
- Provide technical support to field staff on regular basis.
- Respond to inquiries from clients, agencies, and contractors by way of written and oral communication.
- Understand project objectives, technical protocols, laws, guidelines and regulations that apply to the work.
- Oversee production of appropriate site documentation, payment certificates, field diaries and so on, conforming to each project’s specific needs.
- Maintain necessary document control and participate in appropriate QA/QC processes.
- Act as review body and second signature on all payment certificates and field documentation issued by the office.
- Review Crozier staff field notes and reports for accuracy.
- Chair pre-construction and progress site meetings.
- Negotiate construction change orders and claims.
- Undertake site reviews as required, ensuring that the work is in conformance with the construction contract and client requirements and maintain site diary.
- Prepare security reductions and final project close out documentation.
- Embrace safety and maintain a healthy and safe workplace and ensure compliance with all applicable codes and legislation, including occupational health and safety, WHMIS and hazardous substances programs.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relations with all members of the project delivery team.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Must be certified by OACETT (CET); or be a member of the PEO, with P. Eng. designation .
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in transportation construction industry.
- Must have sound knowledge of design standards, specifications and materials associated with construction, Laws and Regulations including Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety requirements and their application in construction .
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction and correspondence with clients, colleagues, consultants, and team.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills, with commitment to excellence and high-quality work.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proven experience with Builterra, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Project, Excel), PowerPoint and other related industry standard tools necessary to carry out Construction Administration and site review work.
- Established working relationship with various municipalities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Projects are spread throughout Ontario and occasional overnight travel may be required.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.