Collingwood and Milton Offices
We are seeking Senior Civil CAD Designers with a minimum 5 to 7 years related experience to join our Milton and Collingwood teams.
As a seasoned technical leader for the CAD design staff, you will work with project managers on the design and preparation of materials for private infrastructure projects.
You specialize in designing residential, industrial and commercial developments, and know what a great set of drawings should communicate. You are familiar with current Ontario Building Code standards and have strong working relationships with provincial and municipal approval agencies.
- Design and prepare private infrastructure projects for residential subdivision and industrial/commercial developments. Specific tasks include design of new roads, upgrades/modifications to existing roads, design of infrastructure components such as sewage collection, water distribution, grading earthworks and stormwater management
- Provide QA/QC for in-progress and completed designs
- Assist with redlines/revisions for in-progress and completed designs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current Provincial and Municipal engineering standards as well as requirements of other reviewing agencies such as Conservation Authorities
- Coordinate with clients, municipalities, agencies and sub-consultants to facilitate/expedite design completion
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Diploma/certificate from a civil engineering technology program – Certified Engineering Technologist (CET)
- Demonstrated civil design experience in Civil 2D, Civil 3D and AutoCAD, as well as other business software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Well-developed knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Provincial and Municipal standards and their application to specific projects
- Demonstrated experience in plan of subdivision and subdivision design considered an asset
- Mature, self-motivated individual possessing effective communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize deadlines, track status and facilitate progress on multiple projects
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.