We are seeking a licenced Structural Project Engineer with a minimum of 5 years progressive work experience in private sector land development.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to identify project requirements and relay same to internal design team.
- Work closely with structural design team to ensure structural design conforms with all applicable codes, standards and pertinent project reports (for example, geotechnical).
- Coordinate with structural, mechanical and electrical design teams to ensure designs are coordinated and moving forward.
- Develop project proposals, timelines and specifications in conjunction with Project Managers.
- Prepare detailed structural designs in accordance with applicable codes and regulations (OBC and NBC).
- Participate on various project teams to identify requirements, prepare and modify plans/designs, technical reports and submission to support projects through various building project approvals, assisting our clients in advancing projects toward completion.
- Review designs and deliverables for quality control.
- Assist with ongoing project management and tracking to ensure timelines of deliverables.
- Assist with client relations and liaise with professional colleagues and municipal/agency staff to move projects along.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Licensed Professional Engineer with 5+ years related work experience (PEO in Ontario).
- Demonstrated experience in project engineering/management for the land development industry, including residential, commercial and/or industrial projects.
- Enhanced knowledge and working implementation of the Ontario Building Code, CSA A23 and S16 design standards.
- Knowledge and experience with CSA O86 and S304 considered an asset.
- Experience in structural design of Part 9 and Part 4 buildings including but not limited to residential, industrial, commercial, and institutional.
- Strong communication and report writing skills and ability to prioritize/manage multiple project timelines.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and team-oriented individual with proven track record.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.