Milton and Toronto offices
Crozier is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our growing, multi-disciplinary Building Services Group to assist primarily with the Mechanical team. In this role you will lead and mentor technical staff, engineer mechanical designs (primarily HVAC and plumbing) and project manage associated building projects.
- Collaborate with Building Services Group to deliver multi-disciplinary projects through preliminary and detail designs for our clients.
- Cultivate strong client relations; liaise with professional colleagues and municipal/agency staff to move projects forward.
- Coordinate with client, municipalities, agencies, subconsultants and all internal disciplines involved in the project.
- Prepare project proposals, timelines, specifications and work schedules
- Assemble team and resources to identify deliverables and timelines, prepare and modify plans/designs, assisting clients in advancing projects toward completion
- Oversee the preparation of engineering designs and briefs, technical reports and submissions to support projects through various municipal and provincial approvals.
- Prepare detailed mechanical design/calculations for existing and new buildings.
- Review designs and deliverables for quality control
- Continually track and manage ongoing projects to ensure timeliness of deliverables
- Guide CAD Technologists in the preparation/detailing of mechanical drawings; review and make redline edits to drawings.
- Participate on various project teams to identify issues and modify designs to satisfy approval requirements, assisting our clients in advancing projects towards completion.
- Develop and utilize knowledge of requirements of applicable national/provincial building codes as well as municipal building standards and requirements, etc.
- Obtain materials, data and information from various sources to prepare reports and advance design efforts.
- Draft, edit, and finalize technical reports and design briefs to summarize analyses.
- Conduct field reconnaissance for various project sites.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), in good standing with the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO).
- Minimum of 4+ years of mechanical engineering experience, preferably in a consulting environment.
- Able to engineer, produce mechanical drawings and manage projects.
- Client focused with the ability to cultivate and nurture relationships.
- Dynamic, resourceful team motivator with proven track record in leading teams.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and flexible to work well under. tight schedules.
- Ability to work effectively in a high demand, fast paced environment.
- Proactive approach with a focus on leadership.
- Ability to exercise effective judgement when handling changing needs and situations.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and flexible to work well under tight schedules.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.