Crozier is looking for a Mechanical Engineer-in-Training (EIT) with 1 to 3 years of relevant experience to join our team in Milton. You will be an integral part of the team and support senior engineers and designers in the preparation of detailed HVAC and plumbing designs.
- Prepare mechanical drawings, and specifications for a wide variety of residential commercial, and industrial projects.
- Prepare HVAC calculations.
- Prepare domestic water, sanitary, storm, and natural gas layouts.
- Sizing, material selection, and layout of services including ductwork and piping.
- Prepare mechanical specifications on drawings and in book form.
- Liaise with equipment suppliers.
- Prepare drawings in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and growing relationships with clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Assist in the preparation of fee estimates and proposals.
- Coordinate mechanical designs with multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholders.
- Attend site to collect any relevant information required for the design.
- Perform field reviews for mechanical installations and attend site meetings when required.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and client correspondence.
- Review design standards and details to ensure drawings comply with all applicable codes and standards.
- Assist senior engineers in the management of projects and deliverables.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 1 to 3 years of professional experience.
- Registered in the Engineering Intern Training (EIT) Program with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
- High level of proficiency using AutoCAD, Revit, HVAC and energy modeling software.
- Well-developed knowledge of Ontario Building Code, National Plumbing Code, Canadian Standards Association, and ASHRAE standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management, presentation, report writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with business software such as Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise effective judgement when handling changing needs and situations.
- Strong communication and report writing skills.
- Drive to continue to improve existing knowledge base and skillsets.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and flexibility to accommodate deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.