We are seeking an Engineering Technologist or Technician with a minimum 5 to 7 years experience in Road Design to join our Collingwood office.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Project Engineers to identify complete design requirements
- Produce functional and detailed engineering drawings including plan and profile, removals, pavement markings and cross section drawings for road construction and widening using Civil 3D
- Complete design of new roads, upgrades/modifications to existing roads, intersections and associated drainage infrastructure
- Prepare traffic signal drawings in conjunction with our electrical group
- Prepare supporting documentation such as cost estimates, design briefs, and comment response
- Provide QA/QC for in-progress and completed designs
- Assist with redlines/revisions for in-progress and completed designs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current Provincial and Municipal engineering standards
- Coordinate with clients, municipalities, agencies and sub-consultants to facilitate/expedite design completion
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Certified Engineering Technologist or Technician
- Demonstrated road design experience with Civil 3D and AutoCAD as well as other business software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Well-developed knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Provincial and Municipal standards and their application to specific projects
- Mature, self-motivated individual possessing effective communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize deadlines, track status and facilitate progress on multiple projects
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.