Milton and Toronto Offices
Crozier is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our growing, multi-disciplinary Building Services Group to assist primarily with the Mechanical team. In this role you will guide and mentor technical staff, lead mechanical designs (primarily HVAC and plumbing) and manage associated building projects.
- Collaborate with Building Services Group to deliver multi-disciplinary projects through preliminary and detail designs to construction.
- Lead the design of HVAC and plumbing systems for a wide range of buildings.
- Prepare detailed mechanical design/calculations for existing and new buildings.
- Review drawings, specifications, and other deliverables for quality control.
- Oversee the preparation of engineering designs and briefs, technical reports, and submissions to support projects through various municipal and provincial approvals.
- Develop and utilize knowledge of applicable national/provincial building codes as well as municipal building standards and all other applicable codes and regulations to ensure designs are in compliance.
- Guide CAD Technologists in the preparation/detailing of mechanical drawings.
- Prepare project proposals, timelines, and work schedules.
- Continually track and manage ongoing projects to ensure timeliness of deliverables and adherence to budgets.
- Work in a team environment to identify issues and modify designs to satisfy approval requirements, assisting our clients in advancing projects towards completion.
- Obtain materials, data, and information from various sources to prepare reports and advance design efforts.
- Draft, edit, and finalize technical reports and design briefs to summarize analyses.
- Conduct field reconnaissance for various project sites.
- Cultivate strong client relationships; liaise with professional colleagues and municipal/agency staff to move projects forward.
- Coordinate with client, municipalities, agencies, subconsultants and all internal disciplines involved in the project.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), in good standing with the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO).
- Minimum of 4+ years of mechanical engineering experience, preferably in a consulting environment.
- Strong background in mechanical building systems design and project management.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Client focused with the ability to cultivate and nurture relationships.
- Dynamic, resourceful team motivator with proven track record in leading teams.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and flexible to work well under tight schedules.
- Ability to work effectively in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Proactive approach with a focus on leadership.
- Ability to exercise effective judgement when handling changing needs and situations.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.