Crozier is looking for a Junior Intern Landscape Architect/Landscape Design Technologist to join our team in our Collingwood office.
You will have a minimum of 2 – 3 years progressive work experience in the private land development industry. The focus of the position is on drawing and AutoCAD production, design, technical execution and project coordination in order to successfully meet design intent and project goals.
You will work in a versatile environment dedicated to assisting senior and intermediate team members in the preparation of plans, designs and studies related to land developments. You will have experience in landscape architecture for the land development industry including master planning and design, residential multi-unit sites with a variety of housing types and related uses, commercial or industrial projects and site design.
- With mentorship from our Senior and Intermediate Landscape Architects, collaborate with Project Mangers to assist with project requirements and coordination
- Prepare design concepts and AutoCAD technical drawings, conduct research and analysis, inventory and mapping, produce design reports, produce AutoCAD working drawing packages, coordinate with other professional consultants, such as Planners and Biologists and complete contract administration
- Prepare graphics, technical memos and reports to communicate technical results and recommendations, site plan reviews and design modifications
- Collaborate with the Design team to assist in developing concept plans drawing packages for approvals and construction, design details, project cost estimates, Urban Design Briefs and project graphics
- Participate on various project teams, preparing and modifying plans/designs, cost estimates and submissions to support projects through approvals, assisting our clients in advancing projects toward completion
- Carry out site inventory and analysis, verify information and determine existing site conditions
- Perform site visits for landscape certification, site meetings with contractors and prepare associated correspondence and reporting
- Review designs and deliverables for quality control
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent / or College Diploma in Landscape Design Technology
- 2 to 4 years experience in a professional Landscape Architectural office or similar design firm is required, with experience in private sector land development
- Membership with OALA or qualified to work towards full membership is considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to prepare high-quality design work and design presentations using hand graphics and relevant software including AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and reporting writing skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple project timelines
- Ability to complete field work including site visits on construction sites
- Must have a valid driver’s license
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.