Collingwood, Milton and Toronto Offices
Crozier is looking for an Electrical Engineer-in-Training (EIT) with 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience to join our team in Collingwood, Milton and Toronto. In this role you will support senior engineers and designers in the preparation of detailed electrical designs, for a wide variety of projects, including residential subdivisions, intersections, and roadways as well as single and multi-storey residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
- Prepare electrical calculations, specifications, and designs, such as electrical equipment layouts, lighting layouts, cable and panel schedules, under the supervision of a senior engineer.
- Prepare electrical servicing designs, lighting and photometric analysis, traffic signalization submissions to support all electrical components for various projects through requisite municipal and provincial approvals.
- Assist in the assessment of utility relocation design documents and support senior engineers and designers to coordinate with utility companies to finalize servicing designs.
- Prepare electrical specifications on drawings and in book form.
- Liaise with equipment suppliers.
- Prepare drawings in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and growing relationships with clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Coordinate electrical designs with multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholders.
- Attend site to collect any relevant information required for the design.
- Perform field reviews for electrical/utility installations and attend site meetings when required.
- Assist in the preparation of fee estimates and proposals.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and client correspondence.
- Review design standards and details to ensure drawings comply with all applicable codes and standards.
- Assist senior engineers in the management of projects and deliverables.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 2 to 5 years of professional experience.
- Registered in the Engineering Intern Training (EIT) Program with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
- High level of proficiency using AutoCAD and Revit software.
- Well-developed knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Ontario Electrical Safety Code, and Canadian Standards Association.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project coordination, presentation, report writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with business software such as Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise effective judgement when handling changing needs and situations.
- Strong communication and report writing skills.
- Drive to continue to improve existing knowledge base and skillsets.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and flexibility to accommodate deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.