Crozier is looking for an Intermediate Landscape Architect to join our growing team in our Collingwood office.
You will have a minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in the private land development industry.
You will work in a versatile environment dedicated to creating and preparing plans, designs, and studies related to land development. You will have experience in landscape architecture for the land development industry, including master planning and design, residential multi-unit sites with various housing types and related uses, commercial or industrial projects and site design.
We are looking for someone who has a proven ability to build relationships across disciplines, foster good client relationships and participate in meetings with clients, agencies, and sub-consultants.
- Work with Project Managers to identify project requirements and relay the same to the internal design team. Develop project proposals, timelines and specifications in conjunction with Project Managers.
- Prepare design concepts, conduct research and analysis, inventory and mapping, produce design reports, facilitate community engagement, deliver presentations to clients and stakeholders, produce working drawing packages, coordinate with other professional consultants and complete contract administration.
- Prepare graphics, technical memos and reports to communicate technical results and recommendations, site plan reviews and design modifications.
- Participate on various project teams to identify requirements, prepare and modify plans/designs, cost estimates and submission to support projects through approvals, assisting our clients in advancing projects toward completion.
- Enhance knowledge of requirements of review agencies such as municipal design guidelines, Niagara Escarpment Commission, etc.
- Perform site visits for landscape certification (including plant identification), site meetings with contractors and prepare associated correspondence and reporting.
- Assist with ongoing project management/tracking to ensure timeliness of deliverables.
- Assist with client relations and liaise with professional colleagues and municipal/agency staff to move projects forward.
- Review designs and deliverables for quality control.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent
- Membership with OALA or qualified to work towards full membership is considered an asset
- Demonstrate ability to prepare high-quality design work and design presentations using relevant software (AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office Suite); ability to provide high-quality hand graphics is considered an asset
- Strong communication and report writing skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple project timelines
- Ability to complete fieldwork, including site visits on construction sites
- Must have a valid driver’s license
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online. Please include a cover letter, resume and portfolio in your application
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.