Elevate your career with Crozier! We are seeking an Engineering Technologist or Technician with a minimum 4 to 7 years related design experience. In this role, you will be working on projects that range from new industrial, commercial and residential buildings, small span bridges/culverts, and building condition assessments.
- Design and preparation of structural design drawings for a variety of building structures, including low to mid-rise residential, commercial and industrial buildings, and other miscellaneous structural applications.
- Assist with redlines/revisions for in-progress and completed designs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and other applicable standards and codes.
- Coordinate with other disciplines (civil, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and external consultants) from initial project design to project completion.
- On occasion attend coordination meetings with external consulting teams.
- Attend site prior to as well as during construction to record conditions and progress of construction, as required.
- Prepare field review reports as required.
- Attend sites (from grass/mud fields to existing facilities) and if required, work safely from heights (required training would be provided by Crozier).
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Graduate of a credited college diploma program in Civil Engineering Technology or Architectural technology.
- Certified Engineering Technologist or Technician in progress.
- Experience with wood, concrete, masonry, and steel design.
- Demonstrated design experience in AutoCAD and Revit as well as other business software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Well-developed knowledge of the Ontario Building Code.
- Mature, self-motivated individual possessing strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize deadlines, track status and facilitate progress on multiple projects.
- Access to a vehicle and ability to travel to site when required.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.