Elevate and progress your engineering career with us at Crozier! Crozier is looking for an enthusiastic Field Inspector / Technologist who has at least 5 years of civil field inspection experience under their belt and who has a keen interest to continue their career in an engineering consulting environment. In this role under the direction of the Construction Manager, you will observe and document construction of servicing works and road construction on various project sites.
Our opportunities allow you to be a proactive problem solver, to showcase and share your technical knowledge, to have cross-functional collaboration, to have a sense of ownership over complex projects, to represent the company at industry events, and to connect with leadership.
If you want to work within an engaging, autonomous, and inclusive team environment, and aspire to expand your skills, field of expertise, and work life balance, Crozier is the perfect fit for you.
How you will contribute to the team:
- Document daily construction activity, and transfer onsite log data to formalized construction files.
- Assist Project Managers with review of material quantities for preparation of payment certificates.
- Survey in-field construction as well as various smaller residential projects.
- Gather as-built data onsite and transfer to drawing files.
- Liaise with contractors/municipality engineering staff to ensure construction complies with approved drawings; assist in resolving problems and discrepancies.
- Obtain/gather data and materials from various sources to prepare reports and resolve issues.
- Prepare and edit drawings and figures for inclusion in reports, submissions and briefs.
- Review design standards to ensure drawings comply with municipal and/or other agency standards.
What you bring:
- Technologist graduate from a related college or university program.
- 5+ years related civil field/site inspection experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Land Development Desktop, Civil 3D or equivalent.
- Proficient with business software such as Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiarity with municipal standards and requirements within the Province of Ontario.
- Understanding of basic survey methods/techniques and ability to read/interpret drawings.
- Working knowledge of construction, municipal servicing and quality control for same.
- Demonstrated ability to keep accurate, timely records for a multiple project workload.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with employees, contractors, agencies and clients.
- Valid “G” driver’s license in good standing and a reliable vehicle for travel to/from construction sites.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.