We are seeking an Engineering Technologist or Technician with 1 to 2 years’ relevant working experience to join our Road Design team, preferably at our Collingwood office.
- Collaborate with the project team, both internally and externally, to progress the project and understand design requirements and constraints
- Using Civil 3D, prepare functional and detailed engineering drawing packages including plan and profile, removals, pavement markings and signage, and cross section drawings for various road improvement projects
- Complete the design of new roads, upgrades/modifications to existing roads, intersections and associated drainage infrastructure
- Prepare traffic signal drawings in collaboration with our electrical group
- Support the preparation of documents such as cost estimates, design briefs, and comment responses
- Provide QA/QC for in-progress and completed designs
- Assist with redlines/revisions for in-progress and completed designs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current Provincial and Municipal engineering standards
- Coordinate with clients, municipalities, agencies and sub-consultants to facilitate/expedite design completion
WHAT YOU BRING:
- An Advanced Diploma from a provincially recognized three-year Transportation Engineering Technology or Civil Engineering Technology program
- Working knowledge and familiarity with Civil 3D and AutoCAD as well as other business software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Provincial and Municipal standards and their application to specific projects
- A mature, self-motivated individual possessing effective communication and excited to take on new challenges while working in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize deadlines, track the status of projects and progress on multiple projects
- Willingness to learn and adapt to an evolving portfolio of client work
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.