Crozier is looking for a Contract Administrator who has experience in the land development industry.
In this role, you will carry out Construction Administration tasks for multiple construction projects, ensuring that all necessary documentation is prepared, maintained and submitted, while maintaining the appropriate level of communication with the client, Construction Manager, Project Manager and design team.
- Carry out Construction Administration tasks for multiple construction projects ensuring that all necessary documentation is prepared, maintained and submitted, maintaining the appropriate level of communication with the client, Construction Manager, Project Manager and design team.
- Lead the site review team, which includes:
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Site Reviewers.
- Understand project objectives, technical protocols, laws, guidelines and regulations that apply to the work.
- Oversee production of appropriate site documentation, payment certificates, log books and so on, conforming to each project’s specific needs.
- Maintain necessary document control and participate in appropriate QA/QC processes.
- Chair pre-construction and progress site meetings.
- Negotiate construction change orders and claims.
- Undertake site reviews as required, ensuring that the work is in conformance with the construction contract and client requirements and maintain site diary.
- Prepare and issue tender documents, including managing bid closings, issuing of addenda and recommendations to clients.
- Prepare cost estimates for securities, including take-offs and managing a costing database.
- Embrace safety and maintain a healthy and safe workplace and ensure compliance with all applicable codes and legislation, including occupational health and safety, WHMIS and hazardous substances programs.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relations with all members of the project delivery team.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Must be certified by OACETT (CET); or be a member of the PEO, with P. Eng. designation.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in land development industry.
- Must have sound knowledge of design standards, specifications and materials associated with construction, Laws and Regulations including Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety requirements and their application in construction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction and correspondence with clients, colleagues, consultants and team.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills, with commitment to excellence and high-quality work.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proven experience with AutoCAD, MicroStation, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Project, Excel), PowerPoint and other related industry standard tools necessary to carry out Construction Administration and site review work.
- Established working relationship with various municipalities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Projects are spread throughout Ontario and occasional overnight travel may be required.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.