Senior Field Inspector, Construction
Collingwood and Bradford offices
Crozier is currently seeking Intermediate to Senior Field Inspectors to join our Construction Services team for our Collingwood and Bradford offices.
You will be responsible for construction inspections to ensure the project is progressing accordingly to the drawings, specifications, regulations, and standards and to ensure that a high standard of inspection is maintained.
The role will also include interacting with contractors, preparing field inspection reports, tracking construction quantities, and assisting with contract administration duties including conducting progress site meetings and preparing meeting minutes.
In this role you will be responsible for a number of projects, including residential subdivisions, site plans, and mid-rise developments, all of varying complexity and duration.
How you will contribute to the team:
- Observe and document construction of site servicing works, including earthworks, storm, wastewater, and sanitary systems, and road construction on various project sites.
- Manage on-site field inspections, ensuring that projects meet the requirements of contract drawings and specifications.
- Manage and coordinate schedules, establishing the type and frequency of construction inspection to be carried out for projects.
- Document daily construction activity and transfer onsite log data to formalized construction files.
- Support the preparation of construction contract documents and specifications in accordance with corporate and industry wide standards.
- Assist Construction Managers with review and commentary on changes during construction, track material quantities for preparation of payment certificates, and issuance of contract documentation.
- Coordinate and assist in leading construction site meetings, prepare minutes and respond to inquiries from contract parties, agencies, and the general public.
- Survey in-field construction, gather record data onsite and transfer to drawing files.
- Liaise with contractors and municipality engineering staff to ensure construction complies with approved drawings; assist in resolving problems and discrepancies.
- Review design standards to ensure drawings comply with municipal and other agency standards.
- Identify and document site-related construction challenges and communicate these to the project team to resolve in a timely manner.
- Assist with training and supervision of junior field employees who may be assisting or handling other projects.
What you bring:
- Civil Engineering Technologist graduate from a related college or university program.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of civil construction inspection experience related with linear infrastructure projects.
- Understanding of Construction Regulations and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Working knowledge of municipal/provincial standards and requirements.
- Understanding of the construction process, municipal servicing, and quality control.
- Ability to understand and interpret contract documents and drawings.
- Familiarity with surveying; understanding of concepts, methods and best practices.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with employees, clients, contractors, and agencies.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team, with a team approach.
- Experience with CCTV reviews considered an asset.
- Proficient with business software such as Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook); experience with AutoCAD and Builterra an asset.
- Valid “G” driver’s license in good standing and a reliable vehicle for travel to/from construction sites.
- Must be comfortable with working outside.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. If you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources team and we will work with you to provide accessibility support.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.