Senior Civil Field Inspector
Construct your engineering career at Crozier! We are looking for a Field Technologist who has 10+ years of experience under their belt and who has a keen interest to continue their career in an engineering consulting environment. In this role under the direction of the Construction Manager, you will observe and document construction of servicing works and road construction on various project sites. in addition to field observation, you will also assist in preparing CAD drawings.
Crozier provides exciting opportunities for you to be a proactive problem solver, engage in team collaboration, apply your skills, and receive mentorship from leadership.
If you want to work within a collaborative and supportive team environment and aspire to expand your skills and field of expertise, Crozier could be a great fit for you.
How you will contribute to the team:
- Under direction of the Construction Manager, observe and document construction of servicing works, road construction on various project sites.
- Document daily construction activity, and transfer onsite log data to formalized construction files.
- Support the preparation of construction contract documents and specifications in accordance with corporate and industry wide standards and meet the design requirements of the approved for construction design drawings.
- Assist Construction Managers with review and commentary on changes during construction, track material quantities for preparation of payment certificates, and issuance of contract documentation.
- Coordinate and lead construction site meetings, prepare minutes and respond to inquiries from contract parties, agencies, and the general public.
- Survey in-field construction, gather record data onsite and transfer to drawing files.
- Liaise with contractors/municipal engineering staff to ensure construction complies with approved drawings; assist in resolving problems and discrepancies.
- Review drawings and design standards to ensure drawings comply with municipal and/or other agency standards.
What you bring:
- Technologist graduate from a related college or university program.
- Responsible for maintaining designation and/or professional license in good standing.
- Minimum 10+ years related field experience.
- Knowledge of Contract Law, Construction Act, Heavy Civil Construction and current civil construction techniques and methods.
- Through familiarity with surveying concepts, terminology, methods and good practices.
- Familiarity with municipal standards and design requirements within the Province of Ontario and ability to read/interpret drawings.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D or equivalent.
- Proficient with business software such as Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to keep accurate, timely records for a multiple project workload.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with employees, contractors, agencies and clients.
- Valid “G” driver’s license in good standing and a reliable vehicle for travel to/from construction sites.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.