Senior Civil Engineering Technologist
Elevate and progress your engineering career with us at Crozier! Crozier is looking for an enthusiastic Senior CAD Designer, Civil with a minimum of 5 years of experience under their belt and who has a keen interest to continue their career in an engineering consulting environment. As a seasoned technical leader for the CAD design staff, you will work with project managers on the design and preparation of materials for private infrastructure projects.
Our opportunities allow you to be a proactive problem solver, to showcase and share your technical knowledge, to have cross-functional collaboration, to have a sense of ownership over complex projects, to represent the company at industry events, and to connect with leadership.
If you want to work within an engaging, autonomous, and inclusive team environment, and aspire to expand your skills, field of expertise, and work life balance, Crozier is the perfect fit for you.
How you will contribute to the team:
- Design and prepare private infrastructure projects for residential subdivision and industrial/commercial developments. Specific tasks include design of new roads, upgrades/modifications to existing roads, design of infrastructure components such as sewage collection, water distribution, grading earthworks and stormwater management.
- Provide QA/QC for in-progress and completed designs.
- Assist with redlines/revisions for in-progress and completed designs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current Provincial and Municipal engineering standards as well as requirements of other reviewing agencies such as Conservation Authorities.
- Coordinate with clients, municipalities, agencies and sub-consultants to facilitate/expedite design completion.
What you bring:
- Diploma/certificate from a civil engineering technology program – Certified Engineering Technologist (CET)
- Demonstrated civil design experience in Civil 2D, Civil 3D and AutoCAD, as well as other business software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Well-developed knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Provincial and Municipal standards and their application to specific projects
- Demonstrated experience in plan of subdivision and subdivision design considered an asset
- Mature, self-motivated individual possessing effective communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize deadlines, track status and facilitate progress on multiple projects
We thank all applicants for your interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.