Intermediate/Senior Designer, Transportation
Elevate your engineering career at Crozier! We are looking for an Intermediate or Senior Transportation Designer who has 5+ years of progressive work experience under their belt and a keen interest to continue their career in an engineering consulting environment.
Crozier provides exciting opportunities for you to be a proactive problem solver, engage in team collaboration, apply your skills, and receive mentorship from leadership.
If you want to work within a collaborative and supportive team environment and aspire to expand your skills and field of expertise, Crozier could be a great fit for you.
How you will contribute to the team:
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Project Engineers to identify complete design requirements.
- Produce functional and detailed engineering drawings including plan and profile, removals, pavement markings and cross section drawings for road construction and widening using Civil 3D.
- Complete design of new roads, upgrades/modifications to existing roads, intersections and associated drainage infrastructure.
- Prepare traffic signal drawings in conjunction with our electrical group.
- Prepare supporting documentation such as cost estimates, design briefs, and comment response.
- Provide QA/QC for in-progress and completed designs.
- Assist with redlines/revisions for in-progress and completed designs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current Provincial and Municipal engineering standards.
- Coordinate with clients, municipalities, agencies, and sub-consultants to facilitate/expedite design completion.
What you bring:
- Certified Engineering Technologist or Technician or Professional Engineer (P. Eng.).
- Responsible for maintaining designation and/or professional license in good standing.
- Demonstrated road design experience with Civil 3D and AutoCAD as well as other business software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Well-developed knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Provincial and Municipal standards, and their application to specific projects.
- Mature, self-motivated individual possessing effective communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize deadlines, track status and facilitate progress on multiple projects
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact our Human Resources team.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.