Field Inspector, Construction
We are seeking a Field Inspector to join our Construction Services team in our Milton office to assist with monitor construction site servicing of residential subdivisions, site plans, and mid-rise developments.
You will be responsible for periodic or full-time on-site construction inspections to ensure the project is progressing accordingly to the drawings, specifications, regulations, and standards and to ensure that a high standard of inspection is maintained.
We’re interested in team members that are looking to learn and grow with our firm.
How you will contribute to the team:
- Observe and document construction of site servicing works, including earthworks, storm, wastewater, and sanitary systems, and road construction on various project sites.
- Manage on-site field inspections, ensuring that projects meet the requirements of contract drawings and specifications.
- Document daily construction activity and transfer onsite log data to formalized construction files.
- Assist Project Managers with review of material quantities for preparation of payment certificates.
- Survey in-field construction as well as various smaller residential projects.
- Gather as-built data onsite and transfer to drawing files.
- Identify and document site-related construction challenges and communicate these to the Construction Manager to resolve in a timely manner.
- Liaise with contractors and municipality engineering staff to ensure construction complies with approved drawings; assist in resolving problems and discrepancies.
- Assist pulling together information for and circulating meeting minutes for meetings.
- Obtain and gather data and materials from various sources to prepare reports and resolve issues.
- Prepare and edit drawings and figures for inclusion in reports, submissions, and briefs.
- Review design standards to ensure drawings comply with municipal and/or other agency standards.
What you bring:
- Civil Engineering Technologist graduate from a related college or university program.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of civil construction inspection experience related with linear infrastructure projects.
- Familiarity with municipal standards and requirements within the Province of Ontario.
- Understanding of basic survey methods/techniques and ability to read/interpret drawings.
- Working knowledge of construction, municipal servicing, and quality control.
- Understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Demonstrated ability to keep accurate, timely log records for a multiple project workload.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with employees, clients, contractors, and agencies.
- Experience with CCTV reviews considered an asset.
- Proficient with business software such as Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook); experience with AutoCAD considered an asset.
- Valid “G” driver’s license in good standing and a reliable vehicle for travel to/from construction sites.
- Must be comfortable with working outside.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. If you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources team and we will work with you to provide accessibility support.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.