Engineering Intern, Transportation Planning
Elevate and pave the way to your engineering career at Crozier! Crozier is looking for a passionate Transportation Engineering graduate who has a keen interest in joining an engineering consulting environment.
As a Transportation Planning Engineering Intern, you will be supporting the Transportation department in numerous facets, including preparing technical analyses to support a variety of transportation reports and coordinating project delivery.
With a diverse client market and service offerings, you will have the opportunity to utilize your problem-solving skills to work on multi-disciplinary projects across the business with Transportation project managers and cross-functionally with project managers from other departments.
If you aspire to expand your skills and work within an engaging, collaborative environment, Crozier may be a great fit for you.
How you will contribute to the team:
- Prepare detailed traffic modelling, designs, and studies for a wide variety of residential, commercial and transportation projects.
- Participate on various project teams to identify issues and mitigative measures to satisfy approval requirements, assisting our clients in advancing projects toward completion.
- Develop and utilize knowledge of requirements of reviewing agencies, such as Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) and municipal authorities.
- Obtain materials, data, and information from various sources to prepare reports and advance design efforts.
- Draft, edit, and finalize technical reports and design briefs to summarize analyses, including document production and circulation.
- Conduct field reconnaissance, reporting on observations, and client liaison for various project sites to understand existing conditions and ensure successful implementation.
- Attend and participate in internal team and client meetings.
- Collaborate with the Transportation Design team to assist with preparation of preliminary and conceptual designs, vehicle turning drawings and pavement marking and signage plans.
- Work with other engineering specialties (such as civil and electrical) to gain knowledge of all facets of land development engineering and ensure consistent approach to multi-disciplinary projects.
What you bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a specialization in transportation courses.
- 0 – 2 years of professional experience under your belt.
- Experience in preparation and analysis of transportation studies, such as Traffic Impact Studies, Parking Studies, or Transportation Demand Management Plans is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of municipal land development principles and requirements within the Province of Ontario.
- Experience with Synchro software is essential.
- Solid communication and technical report writing skills, alongside the ability to prioritize multiple project timelines.
- Excellent time management skills, project coordination, with the ability to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise effective judgement when handling changing needs and situations.
- Motivated to continue to improve existing knowledge base and skillsets.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients and colleagues.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact our Human Resources team.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.