Civil Engineering Technologist
Elevate your engineering design career at Crozier! We are looking for a Civil Engineering Technologist/CAD Designer who has a keen interest in joining an engineering consulting environment.
In this role you will be assisting with the design of land development engineering projects, involving residential subdivisions, site plans, lot grading plans, storm and sanitary sewers, watermains, stormwater management systems and roads.
If you aspire to expand your skills and work within an engaging, collaborative environment, Crozier may be a great fit for you.
How you will contribute to the team:
- Collaborate with engineers, technicians, and project managers in the preparation of drawing packages, design concepts, sketches and calculations.
- Prepare detailed designs for a wide variety of residential, commercial, and transportation infrastructure projects.
- Participate in projects involving 2D/3D drafting of civil engineering drawings.
- Use CAD software and techniques to prepare drawings in accordance with project CAD standards.
- Understand and accurately review engineering designs with redlines/revisions for in-progress and completed designs.
- Support with the analysis of design issues and determining appropriate solutions.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current Provincial and Municipal engineering standards as well as requirements of other reviewing agencies such as Conservation Authorities and Niagara Escarpment Commission (NEC).
What you bring:
- Certified Engineering Technologist or Technician diploma/certificate.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in Civil 3D and AutoCAD software.
- Up to 4 years related experience in land development design projects.
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Provincial and Municipal standards and their application to specific projects.
- Self-motivated individual possessing strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize deadlines, track status and facilitate progress on multiple projects.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact our Human Resources team.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.