Crozier is looking for an Assistant Contract Administrator who has experience in the land development industry for a position in our Collingwood office.
In this role, you will assist the Contract Administrators with coordinating and administering the day-to-day activities with multiple construction projects, ensuring that all necessary documentation is prepared, maintained and submitted, while maintaining the appropriate level of communication with the client, Contract Administrators, Construction Manager, Project Manager and design team.
- Coordinate with the site review team, which includes:
- Daily communication with Project Managers and Site Reviewers
- Understand project objectives, technical protocols, laws, guidelines and regulations that apply to the work
- Assist and prepare appropriate site documentation, payment certificates, log books and so on, conforming to each project’s specific needs
- Maintain necessary document control and participate in appropriate QA/QC processes
- Attend pre-construction and progress site meetings, complete and issue minutes of meetings
- Prepare construction change orders, notices and assist in resolving claims
- Undertake site reviews as required, interpreting contracts and ensuring compliance with contract terms and the requirements of the scope of work, client requirements and maintain site diary
- Prepare cost estimates for securities, including take-offs and updating a costing database
- Prepare tender documents, and support Contract Administrators with bid closings, issuing of addenda and recommendations to clients
- Prepare security reductions and final project close out documentation
- Embrace safety and maintain a healthy and safe workplace and ensure compliance with all applicable codes and legislation, including occupational health and safety, WHMIS and hazardous substances programs
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relations with all members of the project delivery team
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Must be registered and/or certified with OACETT (CET)
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in land development industry
- Must have sound knowledge of design standards, specifications and materials associated with construction, Laws and Regulations including Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety requirements and their application in construction
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, multitasking, and communication skills for interaction and correspondence with clients, colleagues, consultants and team
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills, with commitment to excellence and high-quality work
- Proven experience with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Project, Excel), PowerPoint and other related industry standard tools necessary to carry out Construction Administration and site review work
- Established working relationship with various municipalities
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Projects are spread throughout Ontario and occasional overnight travel may be required
We thank all applicants for their interest in Crozier, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crozier is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. Should you need assistance at any point during the recruitment process please contact Human Resources.