Ottawa, ON – According to statistics released April 15, 2014 by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity edged up on a month-over-month basis in March 2014
- National home sales rose 1.0% from February to March.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 4.9% above March 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes edged up 0.5% from February to March.
- The Canadian housing market remains in balanced territory.
- The national average sale price rose 6.0% on a year-over-year basis in March.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.2% year-over-year in March.
The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations edged up one per cent from February to March 2014. This builds on the monthly gain of 0.6 per cent the previous month, but leaves activity closer to the low reached in January 2014 than to the most recent peak reached